At this stage, I was promoted to the position of Marketing Manager – both a great opportunity and a fabulous pay increase!
My areas of functional authority became:
- Create and implement PR and marketing plans
- Support outlets in implementing their Paperight sales and marketing
In practice, this meant working on the following:
- a 2013/2014 Marketing plan
- implementing marketing campaigns and monitoring marketing expenses
- a newsletter conversation plan
- a variety of Facebook campaign conversation plans
- scheduling press releases (drafting, finalising, sending, follow ups etc)
- liaising with Nick on necessary Paperight marketing materials (e.g.- for in store advertising, for paid advertisements, Facebook posts, product catalogues etc)
- assisting outlets with in store marketing and sales connections
- continued outlet support with Yazeed
- maintaining good relationships with outlet managers
- keeping notes on outlets to assist with future communications
This enormous step up was incredibly daunting, but the Team’s support made it so much easier. The fact that Arthur offered the position to me in the first place and believed I would be equal to the task, forced me to believe that too. The ensuing months have been a whirlwind of crazy fast thinking and very detailed planning, but altogether, I have enjoyed the challenge immensely.