I was away for much of May (on leave) and back in the office on the 20th. Nevertheless, it was an important month. When I returned, I countersigned the CUP agreement and the Carroll & Brown agreement. We fixed some bugs on the site, completed the Mindset Learn upload, and facilitated the transfer of some Pan Macmillan titles (The Youngsters series to start with).
I also continued with LBF follow up, and general publisher followups on loose administrative ends, trying to nudge towards registrations that had been promised, fielding questions from wary publishers (usually regarding piracy and DRM). In the LBF wrap up, we also completed a reconciliation of expenses for the trip, and I sent content proposals out to publishers I’d met at the fair, and who were interested in registering.
This month was also the end of Philippa’s time with us. She left her internship at Paperight to take two successive ones at the US Trademark Offices and the Copyright Clearance Center in Washington DC
UPDATE: Don’t worry, this is not the last you’ll hear of her! She came back!
- SelfMadeHero (7/5/2013)
- Pressque Publishing (8/5/2013)
- Masimba Musodza (9/5/2013)
- Oxford University Press (13/5/2013)
- Ilex Omni Publishing (15/5/2013)
- Pillar International Publishing (21/5/2013)
- Author jonah Becker (21/5/2013)
- Geko Publishing (21/5/2013)
- Graceworks (22/5/2013)
- Gail Iris Rosslee (27/5/2013)
- Panmacmillan SA (29/5/2013)
- theInkSword (30/5/2013)
- Botshelo Publishing (31/5/2013)