Paperight combines increased opportunities for publishers and entrepreneurs alike, as well as affordable and inclusive access to educational material.
Over time, we developed a handy list of Paperight’s benefits for use in promotional materials and award applications.
Paperight creates long-term benefits by
- Boosting literacy and education by making books genuinely accessible
- Creating simple and low cost entrepreneurial opportunities for individuals
- Boosting existing printing and publishing businesses, by giving them additional products, increasing the value of the printing services that they provide by giving them access to publishers and book printing and providing them with marketing materials
- Expanding publishers access to poorer and a wider range consumers, over a larger market area, while still earning the same licence fees
- Reducing the environmental impact of transporting, shipping books and documents, and the wastage caused by unnecessary printing and returns
- Saving the costs of travel and risk of book shortages for publishers, universities and the individuals who are in remote areas.
- Bringing the world of books to anyone’s doorstep: rich or poor, rural or urban helping to create equal education opportunities
- Selling print-outs which are on average cheaper than traditional books
- Reducing delays in textbook and student material delivery
- Protecting the publishers, individuals by reducing illegal copying, while redesigning the product in order to be sustainable
- Increased livelihood opportunities by extending the business model to include the poor.
- Increasing business opportunities for existing copy shops throughout Southern Africa.
- Promoting past matric exam papers and additional study material to students
- Sustaining the marketplace for publishers and authors
- Opening the market to international copy shops and book stores
- Assisting educational institutions and distance learners in South Africa and internationally to receive study material, expanding access to educational materials
- Creating employment opportunities through growing copy shops
- Building market value by giving copy shops a wider range of books and access to international products at an affordable price, thereby giving them a competitive advantage.